Jira Desktop notification wanted

I'm looking for an easy way to get notifications of updates on my Jira issues. Either via a desktop App or via something like the notifications in Chrome: 
Can anybody point me in the right direction? 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.notificationassistant/server/overview
Seems to only support mail

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.nebulio.addons.jira.notifications.server.Notifications/server/overview

Seems to only support SMS / Text messages

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.brokenbuild.cloud.notifier/cloud/overview

Only works for Jira Cloud

5 answers

I also do not understand why desktop or native notifications are not something important for Atlassian and its community. It is true that I also would not like to have pops-up for EVERYTHING, but email notification is too old system. Most of email notifications just get lost. Instead, I really would like to have something that can pop up when, for example, a Jira that I am waiting for long time is finally DONE. Especially this can be important when these Jiras are dependencies or things monitored by managers. Even more important than what happens in Jira would be pops up of what DOES NOT happen, for example a Jira task that it has been there since weeks...

Hi Stefan, 

I assume that you want more than the notifications that you can configure to receive to your email account? I set the notifications within JIRA, with the noise-level that I want, to notify me of certain activities on any given Issue. 

The 2 places I make changes are

• in the top gear, "JIRA ADMINISTRATION", sub category of "Issues", then left tab of "Notification schemes"
  • within a project, in the settings, left gear, sub category of "Notifications". 

K

Hi Kirsten. What about Desktop or in app notifications?

Why to pay extra for a service that we are already paying for?

Any service in the world has notifications. I dont get why Jira dont offer that...

Because you're not paying for a service that does desktop notifications.  It's an additional function, provided by other software.

Atlassian don't feel notifications inside the browser end of the application is worth doing (or if it is, it's low down the list), so they haven't done it.

Its totally bizzar to think that notifications for communication inside the app isn't important. 

If notifications were not important, why they notify me by email? Why to notify at all? Why to have several apps open, when you can solve all in 1 single place?

Regarding the other plugins - i searched and only found good notifications services for Jira Server. For Cloud have found push services, a thing which I have no interest in.

God dammit! why here there are notifications, and on Jira Cloud you got nothing???

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 12.41.41.png

Notifications as popups are a pain in the neck for most users, so they're not there.

What you call "notifications" in Community are in Jira, but done as part of the issue, and on people's profiles and on the dashboard - look for "Activity"

Lots of fun to log into this morning! It seems that notifications fit onto the same list as other not-fully-ironed-out things, greatly because the users and their needs are still so varied. And we're all pretty sure that everyone else's needs must be the same as ours :) Subconsciously of course. 

As a Communications Girl, I will never rest on my laurels thinking that things will be delivered to me in the manner that I myself would send it,, I just keep a watch on the variety that's out there for all the projects and people that are important to me. Just when I like one version it will shift as it is  :D

I always appreciate your manner, Nic. 

Shlomi ~ keep speaking what you need, that's the only way we all know to consider changes. 

his is a pretty big failing of Atlassian in general - bitbucket and Jira not having notifications

It’s not in Jira directly, but if your environment has a Confluence instance linked, you actually get Jira notifications in the Confluence ribbon. 
It’s not great solution, but it’s something...if you have Confluence. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Jira

Continuous visibility with the new Jira Software Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud integration

Hey Atlassian community, I am a PM on the Bitbucket Cloud team and I am excited to share that we just released an improvement to the Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud integration. With the newly im...

65 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you