Jira Dashboards

Hizkeel Khan May 16, 2024

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing fine. I want to create Jira Dashboards based on the following information: 

1. How much time ticket was in Progress. Same goes for other statuses like Testing, Code Review etc. (Let's say ticket is moved from To-Do to In Progress then how much time it stayed there)

2. I want to record QA kickbacks. (How many times ticket is moved from Testing to To-Do when bugs are created)

3. I want to record UAT kickbacks. (How many times ticket is moved from UAT to To-Do when bugs are created)

4. How many bugs are recorded against each PBI and if the number of bugs are high then I would know

5. How much time spent per assignee. 

6. How many bugs per sprint and how many bugs are recorded per assignee. 

Please let me know if this possible in Jira without using any third party Add-On. Looking Forward. Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2024

Hi @Hizkeel Khan , hopefully the following helps you out.

1. in order to report on the time an issue is in a particular status. You will need a third-party add-on for this. There are a few out there that present time and status.
  2. If you wish to have a count for transitions, then you will need to create a custom field to store that count and you will use automation to increment that counter each time the kickback occurs.
  3. same as #2
  4. Depending on how you associate bugs to an issue, such as bugs are linked to the issue or bugs, becomes subtasks of the issue, etc., then you will do something similar to number two where you have a custom field to store the count in and automation To increment that value every time a bug is added to a given issue.
  5. You need to define what do you mean by How much time is spent by assignee.
  6. You might be able to use a two dimensional gadget for this. Create filters that return the desired results and associate that filter with the two dimensional gadget, selecting the appropriate X & Y axis.
Hizkeel Khan May 16, 2024

@Jack Brickey - Thank you so much for your quick response. For adding a custom field, can you please guide me a bit about it. I do know how to create a custom field but then incrementing it seems a bit tricky everytime ticket is moved back. Please help me out here. 

The bugs are basically story bugs and assigned to each story. I want to track how many bugs were linked with the story and how was the assignee so I can see the pattern. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2024

Hi @Hizkeel Khan , I can't get to this right now but there are a few posts in the community on this you might find useful. Just use the search bar and look for "automation count transitions" or "automation count reopen", etc.

1 vote
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2024

Hi @Hizkeel Khan  👋

If you consider installing third-party add-ons, I recommend giving Time in Status a try. The add-on has a 30-day free trial and is free for up to 10 users. With add-on, you will easily create any dashboard by customizable configurations.

1. How much time ticket was in status:
 Знімок екрана 2024-05-16 о 19.11.15.png

2. How many times ticket is moved from Testing to To-Do when bugs are created:

status changed from "Testing" to "To Do" AND issuetype = bug

Знімок екрана 2024-05-16 о 19.18.12.png

3. How many times ticket is moved from UAT to To-Do when bugs are created using JQL:

status changed from "status name" to "To Do" AND issuetype = bug

Знімок екрана 2024-05-16 о 19.31.16.png

4. How many bugs are recorded against each PBI and if the number of bugs are high then I would know

This one you can get by showing sum of bugs in this custom field on card.

5. How much time spent per assignee. 

Знімок екрана 2024-05-12 о 19.59.07.png

6. How many bugs per sprint and how many bugs are recorded per assignee. 

sprint = <Sprint ID or Sprint Name> AND issuetype = "Bug" ordered by created DESC

Знімок екрана 2024-05-16 о 19.47.26.png

All add-on reports are available in this gadget by Issue List or Chart View.

Add-on has 30-day free trial, free up to the 10 users and developed by my team. 

You can also book a live demo - we'll show you the application inside out and answer all your questions.

I hope you find this helpful 🚀 

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2024

Hi @Hizkeel Khan

For your 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th requirements, you can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app.

For your 1st requirement, you can have a look at Time in Status for Each Issue report.

For your 2nd requirement, you can have a look at Status Count And Entry Dates report. Entry date(see In Development, Ready for Testing, In Testing, In Development columns.) is status transition date and status count(see #In Development, #Ready for Testing, #In Testing, #In Development columns) is how many times an issue is entered to this status.

For your 3rd requirement, you can have a look at Status Count And Entry Dates report.

For your 5th requirement, you can have a look at Time in Assignee report.

If you are looking for a completely free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Reports Free.

For your 4th and 6th requirement, you can try Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira Dashboard app developed by our team to create various reports, charts and graphs for your Jira projects.

Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify sample reports and play with them.

For your 4th requirement, if you are using parent-child relation between your PBIs(parent) and your bugs(sub-task), then you can get Number of Subtasks by Parent Report as shown below.

NumberofSubtasksByParent.png

For your 6th requirement, you can get Number of Issues by Sprint Report and Number of Issues by Assignee Report as shown below.

NumberOfIssuesBySprint.png

NumberOfIssuesByAssignee.png

If you are looking for a completely free solution, you can try the limited version Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira Dashboard Free.

If you have any questions, feel free to schedule a demo with us.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
May 16, 2024

Hello @Hizkeel Khan ,

All of the goals that you've listed above can be achieved with our app. Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) ,the oldest and leading "Time in Status" app in Atlassian Marketplace, which is developed by my team at OBSS, has a dashboard gadget that will meet your need.

You mentioned you don't want to use any 3rd party app however, if you ever change your mind Timepiece is here to help. I will quickly address the report types of Timepiece with the items in your list. 

1. Status Duration Report

2. Transition Count Report

3. Transition Count Report

4. Any aggregated report works well with grouping the issues by their issue type

5. Assignee Duration Report

6. Any aggregated report works well with grouping the issues by their assignee and sprint (use JQL to filter bugs in your project)

Open Bugs SS.png

< Sample Dashboard View of Timepiece Gadget >

If you wish, you can also schedule a live demo. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the application and address any inquiries you may have.

Visit Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) to explore  and enjoy a 30-day free trial to experience the full range of features.

Hope it helps,

Gizem

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events