Jira Core vs. Jira Software?

Michael Arndt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2019

From what I can tell Jira Software is basically a supercharged version of Jira Core. Would that be a correct assumption?

I do a lot of IT work within my company and some of the features of Jira Software look very useful for me. I'm not a programmer though so there's some stuff I won't need.

I would like to roll out some version of Jira to the rest of my company including operations and sales divisions who mainly working on developing processes and procedures while I manage the IT parts, reporting, etc. The primary purpose would be to force process documentation through a workflow that includes Documenting, LMS, Review, Onboarding and Release. Things get a bit disorganized when it gets past documenting at my company and there's not a lot of alignment.

My concern is that Jira Software may make it difficult for my team to adopt it. I haven't really focused too much on Jira Core yet. Would using Jira Software be fine in my use case or should I look at Jira Core?

1 answer

0 votes
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2019

Hi mate,

Here you have a link to an article with differences between Core, Software and Service Desk. This might help you. Link: http://www.akeles.com/what-are-the-differences-between-jira-software-jira-service-desk-and-jira-core/

Also the company that I am working for is using JIRA Software on the Sales, Solutions Delivery and they love it.

Suggest an answer