Jira Core: Can You Still Link Issues to Epics and Show The Epic Link Field?

Natausha May 16, 2019

I understand that in Jira Core Epics are treated the same as any other issue and there are no roadmaps and sprints. But if we go from Jira Software to Jira Core would we still keep the Epic Fields? Particularly the Epic Link field that would show what Epic an issue is linked to? 

Our team doesn't use the road-maps or sprints. Truthfully the company got the Jira Software product out of a lack of understanding of how it works. In the last several months we've begun to use more and more of the features of Jira Software like Epics to maintain a hierarchy of deliverables for the contract. Now we're going to be adding more users and go up a price tier and would like to move to Jira Core since we don't use most of the Jira Software specific features...Except for using Epics and linking child tasks to them to easily see what tasks are related to a campaign. 

Specifically in JIRA Core can I still have the Issue have the Epic Link Field like it is in this screenshot?

Epic Link.png---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm asking because we have a need to Issue/deliverable hierarchy that goes 4 levels deep and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that if the higher ups decide it's worth saving the money and dropping down to Jira Core from Jira Software. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

0 answers

Suggest an answer