Jira / Confluence application link question

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

Hi guys —

This is a weird one. Let's say I have JIRA in a production environment behind a firewall. However, it sits behind an apache server that in turn has access to an external-facing vip.

And for argument's sake, let's say you have Confluence installed in a separate environment that can't access the first environment directly, but it too also has an externally facing vip.

Would an application link be possible between the 2, using the vip urls? I want to say yes, but I feel like I am forgetting something important.

Both vip urls are https btw.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

Yes but you need to ensure that the connection between the two services is valid. Usually you'll proxy that information but any sort of answer is highly dependent on your setup and configuration. 

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2016

Thanks. Both applications would be running in linux (rhel6) environments, both using reverse proxies in apache.

Suggest an answer