Jira/Confluence Bamboo Plans gadget not working

Dale Miller November 7, 2013

I have run into a strange issue that I cannot explain. We have multiple bamboo servers connected to our jira instance and for all but one I can add the bamboo plans gadget to a dashboard and see the plans as expected. For one server I add the gadget it thinks for 10-15 seconds and then stops with a blank gadget. I do not even get the option to configure the gadget to choose what plan to display. The gadgets broke for this server in both Jira and Confluence.

Environmnent: Jira 5.2.6, Confluence 5.1.5, Bamboo 4.3.4

Plans: 1900+

Builds: Over 600,000

I have tried the following to address the issue.

Removed the gadget subscription for the server and removed the application link and recreated the application link and re-registered the gadgets from the server again.

Verified that the time on both servers are in sync using ntp.

Turned on verbose logging to see if there are any indications of timeout issues. Did not see anything obvious.

Copied the rest call the gadget makes into a browser to see if it returns all the data. It does but takes quite a while to return (30 seconds)

Talking to our build team they have added a significant number of plans to this server srtarting Monday and I am beginning to suspect that we have hit some sort of timeout for the gadget to receive a response or we have passed some magic number for the number of plans that the gadget will allow to be returned. Any other debugging ideas would be appreciated as I have run out of ideas.

Thanks in advance

8 answers

0 votes
Bhakti Prasad Panda August 9, 2020

We are also getting the same issue. Well it doesn't helped us but anyone tried clearing the plugin cache of Jira and perform reindexing of same.

0 votes
James Brown August 3, 2020

Im having this issue with Jira 7.9.2 and Bamboo 6.10.3. I have OAuth(Impersonation) configured between apps with Crowd SSO enabled. This is the only Bamboo Gadget that has this issue. Sometimes clearing browser cache works, sometimes deleting gadget and adding back to board.

0 votes
anddave June 17, 2019

5.5 years later I am experiencing this symptom, the blank gadget for bamboo plans, with only one each Confluence and Bamboo servers.  From the answers here I am wondering if anything got fixed?  I haven't yet tried removing and re-adding the application link.  Any suggestions welcome!

0 votes
Dale Miller October 27, 2014

No. It still continues to happen. We have to remove the application link and re-add it every time we restart the jira server.

0 votes
Carol Jones October 27, 2014

Were you able to figure this one out? We're running into what seems like the same issue.

0 votes
Dale Miller November 17, 2013

I have run the rest call using the same user that is configured for the Application link so I don't beleive that is the issue. Thanks for the suggestion though.

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Could it be some kind of a trust or key issue? (security?) I know you said you did a rest call but if it's running as the service user and you're running the rest request as "you" you could get a different result. *rapid firing in the dark here*

0 votes
Dale Miller November 7, 2013

One other item I forgot to mention. Dashboards that already have the gadget for the this server added seem to continue to work correctly but trying to add the gadget or edit it's settings fail.

Suggest an answer