Jira/Confluence Bamboo Plans gadget not working

I have run into a strange issue that I cannot explain. We have multiple bamboo servers connected to our jira instance and for all but one I can add the bamboo plans gadget to a dashboard and see the plans as expected. For one server I add the gadget it thinks for 10-15 seconds and then stops with a blank gadget. I do not even get the option to configure the gadget to choose what plan to display. The gadgets broke for this server in both Jira and Confluence.

Environmnent: Jira 5.2.6, Confluence 5.1.5, Bamboo 4.3.4

Plans: 1900+

Builds: Over 600,000

I have tried the following to address the issue.

Removed the gadget subscription for the server and removed the application link and recreated the application link and re-registered the gadgets from the server again.

Verified that the time on both servers are in sync using ntp.

Turned on verbose logging to see if there are any indications of timeout issues. Did not see anything obvious.

Copied the rest call the gadget makes into a browser to see if it returns all the data. It does but takes quite a while to return (30 seconds)

Talking to our build team they have added a significant number of plans to this server srtarting Monday and I am beginning to suspect that we have hit some sort of timeout for the gadget to receive a response or we have passed some magic number for the number of plans that the gadget will allow to be returned. Any other debugging ideas would be appreciated as I have run out of ideas.

Thanks in advance

5 answers

One other item I forgot to mention. Dashboards that already have the gadget for the this server added seem to continue to work correctly but trying to add the gadget or edit it's settings fail.

Could it be some kind of a trust or key issue? (security?) I know you said you did a rest call but if it's running as the service user and you're running the rest request as "you" you could get a different result. *rapid firing in the dark here*

I have run the rest call using the same user that is configured for the Application link so I don't beleive that is the issue. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Were you able to figure this one out? We're running into what seems like the same issue.

No. It still continues to happen. We have to remove the application link and re-add it every time we restart the jira server.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,211 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot