Jira Cloud for Sheets - Unknown function 'Jira'

Angel Sebastian May 25, 2023

Hello. I am using google sheets to read information from the Jira boards of different teams in my organization. The Jira cloud for sheets is working in most cases but sometimes seems that the spreadsheets "randomly" stop working and I just get a "Unknown function 'Jira'" message.

I have tried to disable and enable the tool, rewrite the JQL query, etc. Seems the only thing that works is to make a copy of the file. However, this is not sustainable for me as I have other apps reading data from the spreadsheet and it's a mess to update everything every time.

Is there a known solution to how to fix this problem? Or do we know why it happens so that I can prevent it? 

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
aldo.salas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2024

@Angel Sebastian did you ever solve this? I'm facing the exact same issue. The Jira() function stops working almost daily.

I found out that opening the add-on and clicking on "Get issues now" re-enables the jira function, but that does not work for for automated tasks that depend on that function.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

My team mate wrote an article to help troubleshooting these sort of problems: https://www.midori-global.com/blog/2021/10/15/what-to-do-if-jira-cloud-for-excel-is-not-working

Angel Sebastian May 29, 2023

Thanks for the link. But I'm using google sheets not excel. I took a look anyway just in case but nothing seems to help solving the issue i'm facing

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events