You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
i was using the field: Epic.Link.Name for getting the name of the epic linked to the stories and it was working until today, but it stopped working. Now it returns empty epic name. The Epic.Link returns the epic key, but the names comes empty.
this is my JQL:
project in (DCK, TGK, DCPB) AND issuetype in (Story) AND fixversion in (Athena)
ORDER BY project ASC, "Epic Link" ASC
this are the list of field:
B Issue Type
J Start date
K Due date
L Fix versions
M Story Points
N Epic Link
P Status Category Changed
Q Epic Link.Name
S Program Increment
Do you know if you are having the same problem?
Hi @David Leal
I wonder if this symptom is related to the deprecation of some Epic's fields with the move toward "Parent" for all the relationships. Definitely Epic Name is on that list, and will only use Summary later. Perhaps this has already started for the REST API which drives Jira Cloud for Sheets.
Some of the changes have defined transition dates and others have not been announced. Please look here for more details:
Work-around: Perhaps instead try Epic Link.Summary and see if that is working.
Thanks to @Bill Sheboy I raised a ticket with Jira Support, they are not able to reproduce the problem, but I showed the technician assigned the issue on my Google Spreadsheet. it seems to be something related to Spreadsheet and Jira Adds-on. It was working before, but now it doesn't. I realized that by moving the field to the end, the information gets populated, but not in the position I initially had it. The technician escalated it to the next level. Thanks for the information provided, I shared the information with Jira Support just in case it is related.
How is your Labels field getting populated into one column in that spreadsheet?
I ask because when data export happens, any of the list fields produce multiple columns in the export result. For example from your image, at least one of the issues' Labels fields has 3 values, which in an export leads to 3 columns. This behavior leads to all columns to the right of that column shifting to the right by 2 columns and so could reproduce what you observe. This is the same for Labels, Sprints, FixVersions, AffectsVersion, Comments, Multiple-Select fields, etc.
Aside: For any of my spreadsheets which contain all export columns, I use a complicated mechanism using formulas to produce a lookup mapping to find a Jira field's offset column by field name, and then use that for analysis.
thanks, @Bill Sheboy for Epic.Link.Name field when it worked it created just one column. In my particular case for labels, all of them are concatenated into a single column, but I know that for other fields such as Comment it creates a column per comment entry, but that is not the case.