Jira Cloud for Excel

Arianna Maria Meogrossi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2024

The Jira Cloud for Excel plugin needed for data extraction from Jira for project reporting, used until 02/04 no longer installs and is returning error "Your system administrator has blocked add-ins from the Office Store"

1 answer

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2024

Hi @Arianna Maria Meogrossi

welcome to the community!

It looks like there might be an incident, as the same problem is also reported by others. You may want to reach out to Atlassian Support about this.

Best,

Hannes

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2024

... and just as food for thought: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you'll find a number of alternatives to the official Excel integration. Depending on your exact use case, you may even want to consider whether you need to sync back and forth between Jira and Excel at all, or whether you could do all your work in one place, just Jira.

E.g., you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira. It's a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. JXL also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

This is how it looks in action:

jxl-basics.gif

This all happens directly in Jira, using your Jira data - so whatever you chose to do in JXL, your view is always live and fully synchronised. 

Any questions just let me know!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events