Jira Cloud Slack App not displaying all required fields

Len Quam May 2, 2024

After making a field required for issue creation, the /jira create functionality in Slack has broken. It does not display the required field even though the docs for the Jira Cloud App claim that all fields will appear in the order that they appear in Jira. One possibility is the field is appearing under "More Fields" which recently became a think in Jira create issue dialogs. Perhaps the Slack app is not picking those up. Anyone else seeing this?

1 answer

0 votes
Alper Saglam @actioner@ May 3, 2024

If you are willing to use another solution, the Actioner Jira Software app is suitable for those situations. The configuration can be done in its configuration screens and also you can alter the creation workflow any way you like. 

Alper-
from Actioner team

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2024

Hey Alper Saglam @actioner@  - Are you associated with this App as the vendor? If so, you must declare that in your name as well as any answers you provide for transparency. 

Like Alper Saglam @actioner@ likes this
Alper Saglam @actioner@ May 5, 2024

Hey, 
thank you for reminding me of that, I thought it was obvious since it is directly declared in my profile, etc. 

I am changing my answer according to that and any future answers. 

Alper-
from Actioner team

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2024

Thanks for doing that. You might want to update your actual username to include the Vendor name also - there are lots of examples out there in the Community. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events