Jira Cloud - QlikSense Integration

Engin Basarslan July 19, 2019

Hello All,

We have Jira cloud subscription and QlikSense for BI reports. Now, I want to migrate my jira data to QlikSense. I looked for it and found an article about Jira rest apis. But we are using jira cloud. How can I integrate Jira cloud with Qlik Sense?

Thank You 

2 answers

0 votes
Gabe Kressel April 26, 2021

Hi Engin!

Jira - Qlik sense integration is possible with Skyvia (https://skyvia.com/data-integration/analyze-jira-with-qliksense). It is a web-based no-coding solution. This integration isn't implemented directly - firstly you should export your Jira data to a DB or a cloud DWH, and then load it to Qlik Sense.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2019

Jira Cloud has a very similar REST API, you can use the article you found and use that.  (It is very very similar - for most stuff you'll find the server and cloud calls to be identical)

Engin Basarslan July 19, 2019

Can you send me an article about it? I tried to paste qliksense url but page did not accept

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2019

I don't know what article you read - you mentioned it in your question.

ajay verma November 2, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

is this rest API to connect Jira cloud with Qliksense is chargeble ? 

currently we are storing the Jira information in Sql server in on Premise .

is there anything changed if we fetch the data from cloud ?

Thanks

Ajay

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2020

Jira's REST API on both Server/DC and Cloud is part of the service you have already paid for, there is no additional cost for using it.

It is a different API for Server/DC and Cloud, because they are two different products with different data structures.  However, despite them diverging for the last 5 years, they are still for the same thing - issue tracking, so you will find that they still have a very very similar range of functions and they mostly work in the same way!  Converting your code from Server/DC to Cloud is likely to be a trivial task.  (We had a client with almost 200 REST scripts, they had to do a bit of bulk search-and-replace, and then amend a handful of the scripts to use different calls, but they had it all done and tested in less than a day!)

Suggest an answer