Jira Cloud Migration Error

Jayant April 27, 2021

We want to move 3 projects from our OnPremise Jira server to Jira Cloud. In this process I am executing a trial migration on these projects using Jira Cloud Migration assistant tool. We are getting below errors when migration tool tries to import project data. It is migrating users successfully.

2021-04-27 15:13:34.991 ERROR ABC project-export We couldn't export Custom Field Config Scheme 'Global'. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException.
2021-04-27 15:14:43.141 ERROR ABC project-export We couldn't export Custom Field Config Scheme 'Global'. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException.

Note: I cant see any 'Global' field configuration schema in Jira application (in browser) i.e. my on-premise server acting as source. Any pointers around it on where to check further on this?

Environment in use:

OnPremise Jira server v8.2.0#802000

JIRA Cloud having trial plan

Apps in use: Tempo Timesheet, JSU Automation

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2021

Hi @Jayant

I am wondering if it could help to copy the current Field Configuration Scheme to a similar named for a test, assign it correctly to the currently failing projects, then re-run the export.

This is just a guess, though - in case this will not fix the issue probably the best would be to raise a request with Atlassian's cloud migration support.

Regards,
Daniel

Jayant May 4, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers , I have raised this to Atlassian Support. Looks like its bug in JCMA and Atlassian team is working on it.

Jayant May 4, 2021

The new field configuration will have new id generated however existing conflicting situation remains same in database

1 vote
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hi! 

Please, take a look the Custom Field Config Scheme 'Global'.

Then checkout the custom field scheme. 

Jayant April 28, 2021

Hi @Gonchik Tsymzhitov , there is no any Custom field config scheme as 'Global'. Can you please point out how do I access it?

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

How many Custom field config schemes do you have ?

Do you have project  ABC ? If so, please, check connected field config schemes

Jayant April 28, 2021

I have 13 configuration schemes and none of them is named as Global. I checked the associated field configuration scheme for my project and didnt find anything wrong or field name Global

Jayant April 29, 2021

I checked in database and found that there exists 4 rows in fieldconfigscheme table, but not able to corelate why its not getting displayed on UI. Any clues how to find missing link here will be helpful.

Suggest an answer