Jira Cloud - Export to Excel

Duane Nettles May 5, 2017

Exporting to Excel used to be an option before the recent Jira Cloud update.  That feature is no longer available.  Can someone tell me how to export Jira Issues to Excel?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2017

Please see JIRA Import Wizard / CSV Export Unavailable .

A comment yesterday by Service Enablement Engineer, Rob Saunders, at the bottom reads:

"...CSV export may still be unavailable for some users. This should be resolved in the next week or two. If this is an issue for you please contact our support at getsupport.atlassian.com and we will be able to enable this on your site."

5 votes
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2017

Hi Duane Nettles,

You can use Xporter for JIRA to export issues data to Word, Excel, PDF, RTF and other. With this add-on you are able to define what you want to get printed and how data is printed.

Take a look.

Cheers,

Rui Rodrigues.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2017

You can't do it.  The feature was removed in favour of the CSV export.   Spreadsheets can all read CSV, so the idea is that if you needed Excel, you can just open the CSV.

I'm afraid, on Cloud, you are stuck with CSV, unless you can find an add-on in the marketplace that can replace the functions.

(Personally, I don't think the CSV export is functional enough to warrant turning off the Excel option yet)

Roi Kedem May 7, 2017

I think there might be a misunderstanding here - there is no CSV nor Excel in the cloud JIRA export menu, see image:cant-export.PNG

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2021

Another (and the newest) option you can try for exporting Jira Cloud data to Excel is Better Excel Exporter Cloud!

It solves Jira exporting needs more reliably and with more flexible reporting options. Customers that switched from Jira Cloud to Excel said that it offers a better, more professional Excel reporting solution and user experience compared to a Microsoft Excel add-in.

Discover your newest Jira Cloud Excel export option!

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Duane Nettles May 26, 2017

I put a ticket in to Jira Support and they enabled the otion for us.  We're running in the Cloud and it was there when we first signed up.  It went away about a month ago when Jira was upgraded..  It was been enabled for our site and that's a good thing because my manager was ready to not use Jira anymore.

All in all, Jira Support took care of us and everyone is happy again.

0 votes
Deleted user May 19, 2017

I have the same issue starting today. I was fin yesterday, today no option to export to CSV, only HTML.

Suggest an answer