Jira Cloud Error type: 500 when trying to add post function to workflow

Ania April 15, 2021

I wanted to add custom post function to workflow, so I followed documentation - created controller to handle POST request and included jiraWorkflowPostFunctions in modules in atlassian-connect.json file.

When I was trying to choose this post function in workflow transition, it was on the list, but after clicking 'Add' it redirected me to internal server error page.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2021

Hello @Ania ,

I would be happy to take a look and see if I can spot the blocker,  can you post the code you are using in the post function and I will see if I can spot the error or reproduce it to do some troubleshooting.

Regards,
Earl

Ania April 26, 2021

The problem was that I didn't have defined  "create" in atlassian-connect.json for post function, but it is marked in documentation as optional so it is confusing why it doesn't work without it.

"create": {
"url": "/..."
}
Hervé Mutombo June 3, 2021

What then in the case of a function that does not require special parameters ? Why do we have to go through the /create page when there's nothing to do there... only to click on the 'Add' button and have the function set up ?

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2021

Hello @Ania ,

So the create URL dialogue is a requirement of the function and should contain the full context:

"create": {
"url": "/create"

I recommend checking out the layout of the full hosed on a bitbucket repo at the link above the partial example in the documentation you linked:

For a full add-on example, see the workflow post function example add-on.

The full formatting can be seen under atlassian-connect.json

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders