Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Cloud Error type: 500 when trying to add post function to workflow

I wanted to add custom post function to workflow, so I followed documentation - created controller to handle POST request and included jiraWorkflowPostFunctions in modules in atlassian-connect.json file.

When I was trying to choose this post function in workflow transition, it was on the list, but after clicking 'Add' it redirected me to internal server error page.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Ania ,

I would be happy to take a look and see if I can spot the blocker,  can you post the code you are using in the post function and I will see if I can spot the error or reproduce it to do some troubleshooting.

Regards,
Earl

The problem was that I didn't have defined  "create" in atlassian-connect.json for post function, but it is marked in documentation as optional so it is confusing why it doesn't work without it.

"create": {
"url": "/..."
}

What then in the case of a function that does not require special parameters ? Why do we have to go through the /create page when there's nothing to do there... only to click on the 'Add' button and have the function set up ?

Hello @Ania ,

So the create URL dialogue is a requirement of the function and should contain the full context:

"create": {
"url": "/create"

I recommend checking out the layout of the full hosed on a bitbucket repo at the link above the partial example in the documentation you linked:

For a full add-on example, see the workflow post function example add-on.

The full formatting can be seen under atlassian-connect.json

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you