Jira Cloud + Bitbucket Cloud connected but not synching

bmarto February 6, 2020

Hello.

tl;dr

Even though I connected Jira to Bitbucket, when I create a Issue on Jira it doesn't synch with bitbucket issues (or vice-versa, when I create an issue on bitbucket, I can't see it on Jira)

I've successfully connected Jira to Bitbucket (I can see the Bitbucket repositories on Jira) but I keep getting this message on DVCS accounts:

Your GitHub.com integration using the DVCS Connector has been disabled.

Captura de ecrã 2020-02-06, às 11.18.40.png

I don't have GitHub account, so I don't understand this error.

This causes me to not being able to synch issues from Jira to Bitbucket or vice-versa.

Am I missing something? Does anyone else got this error?

Thank you!

Bruno

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Hello @bmarto ,

Two way issue synchronization between Jira and Bitbucket Cloud is not currently available. We do have a feature request open in our system for this but as you can see it didn't manage to get much traction in the past years:

You might still want to vote and watch it, so that you will get notified in case of any update See the Implementation of New Features Policy for details).

As a workaround, you may want to export the issues from BitBucket to JSON and then import from JSON into Jira as explained in below documentation pages:

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer