Jira Bitbucket Integreation

Greg Berlin January 15, 2014

I've started using Jira yesterday for our project management and task tracking, and I'm already using bitbucket (username Gregorius) for source control.

In Bitbucket, I've created an Oath key, and entered this in to Jira. In jira, when looking at a task, I am able to create a git branch, which then very nicely offers to clone that branch in Sourcetree for me (nice touch, works excellently).

So far so good.. but here's the problem: Once the branch is created via Jira, Jira loses track of the branch. Next time I load the issue, under development it still says "Create Branch" - I assume this should show the details of the created branch, maybe some details of commits, etc??

Have i missed a step somewhere? Is it because my BitBucket login is different to my Jira login?

Thanks
Greg

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Hi Greg,

At the moment the "Create Branch" functionality doesn't show the details of a branch that was just created. It's just a link to create branches, but there's already an improvement request opened to implement this behavior.

Cheers

Greg Berlin January 16, 2014

Ah right...

I'm noticing my commit comments only sometimes result in commit messages in the jira ticket.. here's an example of a commit (and push) i created yesterday, which has not shown up on the associated ticket:

PTP-6 #time 2h 15m #comment blah blah

Any ideas why it's not coming through? The branch I'm committing to was created via that ticket in jira, and the ticket ID is definitely correct.

Weird thing is sometimes it works, sometimes not. Anything specific i should be looking out for that could cause the integration with jira to fail?

Suggest an answer