Jira / Azure Devops connection

Marieke Cozijnsen December 13, 2022

We currently use Jira Service Management, Jira Software management and Confluence. However we also use Azure Devops where the software code is uploaded/reviewed/published. Currently our Jira tickets are not connected to the Azure Devops environment. 

Ideally: I would like to see which jira ticket is attached to a specific change in code. 

Anyone that has experience with that? Good/bad?

5 answers

7 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2023

Hello everybody!

Happy to share - Azure DevOps for Jira brings Azure DevOps information into Jira DevOps flow.

Please give it a go and provide your feedback. FYI: The app is new.

Thanks!

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2023

Hey @Marieke Cozijnsen - were you able to find a solution here?

This is what the results look like in minware - you can see we are able to expand a task to drill all of the way down to the commit level:

minware-commit-level-drilldown.png

Let me know if we can help!

0 votes
jennifer.dempsey_Appfire
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Marieke Cozijnsen -

We have a tool that can help with this. TSF4JIRA Azure Ops Integration - integrates Jira Service Management and Azure DevOps, enabling the workflow you need in order to provide the latest status to your customers. You can create new work items in ADO based on JSM support tickets and monitor the progress of work items being worked\delivered by development.  

If you prefer, we will be happy to give you a demo. You can schedule a demo here.

Or, You can email me at Jennifer.dempsey@appfire.com and I can put in contact with our PM to further discuss your needs. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Warmly,

Jennifer Dempsey, Product Marketing Manager, Appfire

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 14, 2022

@Marieke Cozijnsen hello! It should be possible. If you're open to trying out an external solution, i'd like to propose looking at ZigiOps (check it out on the Atlassian marketplace). It's a no-code solution that connects Jira &Azure (and other systems) bi-directionally and syncs their data. You can customize it to fit various use cases ( see which jira ticket is attached to a specific change in code).  Feel free to book a tech demo and see how it works.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hey @Marieke Cozijnsen -

If you are open to a 3rd party this is something we handle really well in minware. To see it in action simply sign up for a free trial on our site and connect Azure Git and Jira (screenshot below). 

Our system will link code changes to Jira Tickets which allows us to provide the most comprehensive reporting available on the market.

What you are looking for should be available "out of the box" but happy to consider any tweaks you need to make to the existing reports.

minware integrations.png

Suggest an answer