Jira Automation for Two Separate Tasks

Deleted user November 29, 2022

Looking to complete my rule where I am able to trigger a task to be cloned when it iterated through my workflow, send an email to a user, and assign another task with a set of new subtasks to a new issue.  Any ideas on how to get the subtasks for the second issue to generate?

Thank you!Screenshot 2022-11-29 160407.jpgScreenshot 2022-11-29 160421.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

If I understand your question, you want to create the new issue (a story) and add sub-tasks to that one.

If so, after you create the new story, add a branch on most recently created issue, and put your create sub-tasks inside of that branch.  That will link them up correctly.

Kind regards,
Bill

Deleted user November 29, 2022

Hello @Bill Sheboy

It seems like the subtasks didn't transfer over to the second story but the first one called.  Any other recommendations on how to proceed?

Thank you!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

Your rule is split into a a couple of images, so I am not quite following the situation...How about this example.

• some rule steps...
  • create a story #1
  • branch on most recently created issue
    • create subtasks A, B, C
  • create another story #2
  • branch on most recently created issue
    • create more subtasks D, E, F
  • more steps...

The branch on "most recently created" refers to just that, and so it needs to be placed where you want to add the subtasks.  In my example, the A, B, C subtasks get added to story 1.  The later branch associates to story # 2.

If this does not help, perhaps try to create a single image with your complete rule and post that image.  That may provide some context for what is not working as expected.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events