Jira Automation Transition with Workflow Restriction

thomas_g_interns May 7, 2024

Hello community!

So I want to make a automation for jira to move every task that have TAG-Stat value equals "Cancelled" or "Completed" to Done section. But apparently there is some error with the automation 
Error message:

• Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):

If I surf in to the forum apparently it is because there is a restriction in the workflow. In the workflow I added restriction for the Done section for user not be able to move the ticket manually to Done because it is needed.IssueJira.png 
Does anyone know how to fix this issue so the automation still can move the task to Done section if it meets the requirement? Thankyou

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Hi @thomas_g_interns and welcome to the community!

You have two options:

1. Add the role atlassian-addons-project-access to the "allow these roles" on your restriction. This will grant the Automation user rights to the transition.
  2. On your rule, change the actor to a a member of the Administrator role

thomas_g_interns May 7, 2024

Hello Mark thanks for the response. So for atlassian-addons-project-access is it already exist by default or do I need the Jira Admin to create the role?.
For the second option I already change the option for Admin only but seems the automtion does not have the same role as Admin in my Jira

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2024

Based upon your response, implying that you're not a Jira Admin tells me that this is likely a Team Managed project and this may rule out option 1.  That role is a standard role, but it only applies to Company Managed projects.

So, that leaves us with option 2.  I would try setting the Rule Actor to your account.  This will have the rule execute with your credentials.  The only downside is that the issue history will always show that it's you making the transition.

thomas_g_interns May 13, 2024

Alright noted on that will try to figure out another work around for this case. Thanks!

Suggest an answer