Jira Automation Compare Two Values & send summary email

adam_clifford3 April 18, 2024

Hello,

I have a DOB field in a Jira project and I want to send a email reminder to myself each month letting me know whos birthday it is. 

I have managed to get the automation to pick up all the tickets that have a DOB within the current month using the Compare Two Values option. 

Screenshot 2024-04-19 111636.jpg

But I am unable to get the system to send me a summary email. I am using the following detail in the email body. It sends a individual email for each identified person. 

{{#lookupissues}}
{{summary}} - {{Date of Birth.format("dd MMM")}}
{{/}}

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @adam_clifford3 ,

Create a scheduled automation (run 1st day a Month)

Then lookup:

"Date of Birth" >= startOfMonth() and "Date of Birth" <= endOfMonth()

Then send email and add email content:

{{#lookupIssues}}

<a>{{summary}} - {{Date of Birth.format("dd MMM")}}}</a>

{{/}}

I tried this, this only works if the DOB is in the current year and not is they were born before this :)

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Hello @adam_clifford3 

Welcome and This is a nice gesture.

Is this a scheduled trigger? Can you confirm that there is no JQL in the trigger section.. That could be why you are receiving multiple emails. Run this rule with no JQL.

Hello, there is no JQL I am using the Compare Two Values function to identify the tickets. 

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Please share your trigger section screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 113945.jpg

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2024

Hello Adam.

You havent shared the details of the scheduled trigger screen.

As I have said, There should be no JQL in that section of the scheduled trigger..

If you do, you will get 1 email per issue /user. So instead,

After the scheduled trigger, you need to do an action => lookupIssues and give your JQL there.

Then everything will work.

My bad,

I will try that now. 

I have removed the JQL but the Compare Two Values is not not working as it does not cycle through the tickets. 

I am trying different JQLs but can not seem to get the JQL to look up tickets and only compare the month. 

Below is an example I have tried

Screenshot 2024-04-19 165718.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events