Jira Application errors

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2018

Hi Team,

I got an erros in jira like as shown in the screen shorts app.PNGerrrrrr.PNGapp1.PNG

can any one help me out please its urgent.

Thanks,

kumar

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

You have a string of rather worrying errors there.

• The attachment error implies something wrong with either the file system or attachments area of the database
  • The end of life warning means either you have an out-of-date Jira, or that it cannot reach the internet to check (this one, don't worry about for now)
  • The indexing error suggests a damaged index
  • The Java IO error suggest a problem reading another file somewhere

I would start with a look at these:

• What type of database are you using?
  • Are you out of disk space on the server?
  • Less urgently, are the permissions correct on the Jira installation and home directories?
Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Thanks for response  

I'm using the DB Postgresql72

how can i check ???

I have Jira-software and Jira-servicedesk in that those liciences are came to end

How can I check the permissions correct on the Jira installation and home directories??

thanks,

Kumar

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

Ok, great on the database, it means it's almost certainly not a database problem.

For the space and permissions, you will need to log into the server and look at the disks.  How you do that is up to the OS and what access you have to it.

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I have deleted the INDEXES directorie form Chache folder from server so now everything working fine. 

Now only log analyzer is not analyzing and the ticket that are created form 1pm to 4pm for those tickets the work flow transition buttons not showing.

could you suggest me how to resolve this

thanks,

kumar

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

Not sure why you did that when I've never mentioned it, but that does explain why all sorts of things are missing - Jira needed those files, and you've destroyed them.

To fix that, go to Admin -> Indexing, and run a full, locking index.

If the underlying problem you have is disk space, this is going to go wrong as it refills the disk, but you're going to have to do it no matter what.

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- inhave followed this link 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-rebuild-jira-application-indexes-228623566.html?_ga=2.52162986.247914207.1541425056-1326778664.1532538122

So thats the reason I have deleted the INDEXES directorie from caches from jira home after that I have run the locked indexing it’s successfully completed 100% before its not completed 100% after index directorie delete its runs successfully 

is it will effect any error or data error ?????

thanks,

kumar

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

Yes, it sounds like you still have damaged indices.  You'll need to establish what was happening that broke it before, and then you can establish what to do to fix it all.

Please, don't just randomly pick another possible problem and attempt another potentially pointless fix before you've looked into this properly.

Now you've tried to rebuild the index, do you have enough disk space left?  What errors are you still getting?

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- now the application is not getting any errors in jira every thing is fine only log analyzer is not scanning and some sort of tickets like 10-14 tickets got created while the issue jira have errors at that time only those tickets are created 

after I have restart application some tickets created for those tickets it don’t have any errors 

thanks,

phani

0 votes
Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

Anytime I've experienced Java issues I just had my sys admin update Java on the server.

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

HI @Raynard Rhodes i'm unable to see the issues in projects tooo can you tell how to reslove it can i restart the application

Suggest an answer