Jira Alerts - Moving them to the bottom of the screen?

Chris Purser December 16, 2019

Is there a way to move the onscreen alerts to the bottom of the window?

So, for every action to an Issue, JIRA fires an onscreen alert that loads in the upper right hand corner of the page. Often times, they stack as we roll through changes, sometimes quickly. (We have a procedure that necessitates us rolling through several of these changes in quick succession. However, the problem is they cover things like the Assignee, reporter, votes, etc. and therefore, if processes require those to change, like handing an issue back to someone else, we have to sit there and wait for the alerts to die, or manually X them so we can access the assignee. 

Thanks!

12.16.2019-13.27

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

As far as I can tell, the answer is no. Even if it would be possible, I wouldn't recommend it. There might be a magic file that allows you to customize this but on every update changes would be lost and you would be back on square one. I always try to avoid touching files from the installation directory.

Chris Purser December 17, 2019

ok thanks. It's pretty annoying, but there a lots of things annoying about Jira, yet many more great things. I'll take the bad with the good... :)

Suggest an answer