Jira Advanced Search for issues with/without Confluence links

Aaron Bonfig April 9, 2014

Hello,

I'm attempting to find a way to audit our closed Jira issues and see which ones do not have a link to our Confluence site (for documentation purposes).

One big issue seems to be that the built-in tracking only takes into account links that are to other Jira issues, not to Wiki pages. If I try to do a search using the linkedIssues(issueKey,linkType) method, but it does not recognize "Wiki Page" as a valid link type.

I would be satisfied with a view that allows me to see all issue links attached to a job, but the only column option is "Linked Issues" which does not show links to Confluence pages in the results.

I see that there is a plugin JQL Tricks but if it is true that I cannot filter to just see issue links of type "Wiki Page" then I don't see how that would help either.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2014

Using JQL Tricks, you should be able to search using the remote link type. For wiki links, you can try:

issue in hasRemoteLinks("mentioned in")

See docs for more examples.

Aaron Bonfig May 7, 2014

Hello Jobin, I installed the plugin and it is partially working. I will be contacting support to resolve the existing issues I am seeing, but feel this question is answered.

0 votes
LUC FILION April 10, 2015

Hello Aaron, 

Just to complete the answer, for those who may not be familiar with JQL (as more and more people use JIRA now), there is the Impact for JIRA plugin (http://bit.ly/1tYPzxu) which allows to list issues with/without links to Confluence pages. See the middle screenshot there. 

Shradha Singh March 5, 2020

hi @LUC FILION 

Can you please share the answer. I am also looking for an answer.

This link http://bit.ly/1tYPzxu is not working

Jan_Denny March 6, 2020

I'm also looking for an answer to this question. "Mentioned In" does not return results that were linked via the Jira Wiki Page link type. 

Suggest an answer