Jira - Add a JQL field inside an issue

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

Hello Community,

I admit I am lost when it comes to my question.

I am attempting to display a JQL result inside an issue in Jira.

Just as one can add customfields to an issue I would like to add the results of a JQL search inside an issue in Jira.

My Use-Case is having a sub-task and somehow displaying all issues of a type I call (test plans). These issues do not necessarily belong to this sub-task. But nevertheless I would like to display them inside the issue itself. It is for tracking purposes. I am aware this can be put into a dashboard of some sort, but the use-case is displaying them inside the issues themselves that way the users do not need to click around since there is crucial information displayed in these sub-tasks themselves.

I searched online for any guidance but found none.

I would greatly appreciate any help/guidance on this item!

Thank you for your time!!

-Roberto

2 answers

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Hi Roberto,

I think this plugin could help you achieve what you are looking for: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.mail.jira.plugins.lf.queryfields/server/overview

I don't have any experience with the plugin but the reviews seem to be positive. 

Let us know if it helped.

Best,

Maarten

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2017

Hello @Maarten Cautreels,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

i took a look at the Plugin.

this plugin seem so to display JQL response but only the issue name/key in a custom field of type select list. Would you know of a plugin that allows a table to be displayed?

ideally I would like to display the issue, issue key, issue priority, issue status, issue assigne.

is this something that can be achieved?

-Roberto

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 31, 2017

@Maarten Cautreels (Belgium) is our JQL guru -- Maarten, do you happen to know this?

Suggest an answer