Jira Add Gadget asks for Authentication every time

Rob Crowell August 28, 2014

I am having an issue with a user that is trying to add a gadget to his Jira Dashboard. We have Jira, Fisheye, and Bamboo connected to one another with Oauth. We are using ldap to back the user list authentication and we add users to the applications manually. The user is in Bamboo but does not have a group assigned to them.

If I try to add the user to a Bamboo group the user still is prompted for authentication any time they click Add Gadget or at minimum the first time they try to click the button. Usually after the first time the user will click cancel for authentication and be able to continue un interrupted, but that is not always the case. The authentication is trying to login to Bamboo when the user is in Jira and does not and should not have access to Bamboo. I am not sure if this is because there are Bamboo gadgets that could be added or if this is just a general error. I have access to all the applications so I am a bad user to test this. I am not sure what else the problem could be.

The goal is to not have bamboo authentication get prompted when they click add gadget. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

Try to disable the Trusted app and enable Oath only from both apps incoming and outgoing.

See if that helps.

Mehmet

Rob Crowell September 22, 2014

The applications are already set up that way. The authentication is not displayed for every user that tries to add a gadget. I have never gotten the error for my account, but I have access to both Bamboo and Jira.

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

I would say it might be related to your proxy setup. Is it on Apache?

Suggest an answer