Jira 6 Title bar not formatting

Vidal Abad June 6, 2013

I installed Jira 6 and am having he following issue on Chrome and IE browsers when the URL is not the FQDN (ie jira instead of jira.mycompany.com).

I have change the base url to both, and only browsing to the FQDN or IP, does the title bar render properly. Firefox has no issue.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2013

Please turn off the Compatibility View for IE. It is not supported as mentioned in here.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2013

Wait, you've mentioned Chrome as well. That is weird. Usually this case is because of the Compatibility View in IE. Do you happen to have any modification files or javascript?

Vidal Abad June 12, 2013

sorry for getting back to you so late (thought i would get notified when there was a reply).

1. IE - I'm using IE 9, and compatibility view is not enabled. I enabled to see if there was any difference but no change (disabled now). Note jira formats properly when accessed with FQDN (newjira.domain.com). I'm a new jira admin, so i'm not sure how to check on the modification files and java script. I've checked system administration and haven't seen anything. I haven't installed any of my priviously installed add-ons (except for green hopper).

2. Chrome - issue seems to have fixed it self.

Please let me know if yuo have any suggeestions.

0 votes
Vidal Abad June 18, 2013

Zulfadli, looks like I did not take a close enough look the first time. There is a setting to display intranet sites in Compatibility View. I have unchecked the box and all is formatting fine.

IE -> tools -> compatibility view settings -> uncheck "Display intranet sites in Compatibility view"

Thanks for the solution.

-Vidal

0 votes
Vidal Abad June 12, 2013

sorry for getting back to you so late (thought i would get notified when there was a reply).

1. IE - I'm using IE 9, and compatibility view is not enabled. I enabled to see if there was any difference but no change (disabled now). Note jira formats properly when accessed with FQDN (newjira.domain.com). I'm a new jira admin, so i'm not sure how to check on the modification files and java script. I've checked system administration and haven't seen anything. I haven't installed any of my priviously installed add-ons (except for green hopper).

2. Chrome - issue seems to have fixed it self.

Please let me know if yuo have any suggeestions.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

yeah just give it a try and disable the compatibility mode:

put this at the end of your httpd.conf

<IfModule headers_module>

Header set X-UA-Compatible: IE=Edge

</IfModule>

Vidal Abad June 12, 2013

i don't see a httpd.conf file.

if I'm running Jira on a windows box, not sure if that matters.

Suggest an answer