Jira 5 Mentions do not Autocomplete, what do I have to setup fopr this?

a.haaken March 29, 2012

We juts have upgraded to Jira 5 , but the use of mentions do not work.

there ist no autocomplete, no mentioning

has someone else this problem?

11 answers

2 votes
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2012

You do need Browse Users permission for the @mentions to work, check that you have this permission on the Global Permissions page.

a.haaken April 10, 2012

The Permission is ok, if I use the ALT+6+4 combo for a @, everythging works fine..

There is a bug on jira support which adresses this problem..

Viðar Svansson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2012

I have Browse Users permission and Outgoing email is configured. Still nothing happens when using the @mention notation.

a.haaken April 10, 2012

Which keyboard layout do you use? that solved my problem..

Viðar Svansson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2012

I am using Icelandic kb layout. Can you point me to the JIRA issue for this bug?

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2012

JRA-26287 claims it is fixed in Jira 5.0.4. The slowness issue is still there though.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27898

Tum Ruka October 2, 2012

I have browse users permission and outgoing mail is configured, I use a standard keyboard layout. We're running JIRA 5.1.2

@mentions do make suggestions and send notifications to people when used, but there is no hyperlink and the user's name resolves into [~username]

Any ideas?

Matthew Volpe December 10, 2013

I'm having the same issue mentioned by Kate Smith. On JIRA version 5.2.11. We're getting the autocomplete view but username resolves as [~username].

1 vote
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2012

Hi A.Haaken,

Could you check the following information?

# Ensure that the user has the Browse User Global Permissions, as in Managing Global Permissions.

# Ensure that the comments and/or description fields are using the Wiki Style Renderer, as in Configuring Renderers.

# Ensure that the User email visibility option in the General Configuration (Configuring JIRA Options) is not set to hidden.

# Ensure to change *User email visibility* to either *Public*, *Masked* or *Show* to logged in users only. _( Go to Administration > System > General Configuration)_

Good Luck,

Regards,

John Chin

1 vote
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
March 31, 2012

They do auto-complete - there is a bit of a bug at the moment, where the autocomplete seems to take a long time (many seconds). I've raised an issue with embedded crowd to have this fixed - https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/EMBCWD-885

0 votes
Ivaylo Stanev January 31, 2013

Wiki Renderer was ok but still it was not working.

So, what I did is the following:

I changed the Global Permissions. I added to Browse Users - Anyone.

It worked, even though I'm not sure why. :) It was supposed to work even without this in fact, since no one has touched the Global Permissions in the past.

0 votes
Theodore Tzidamis
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2012

Hi Maree,

So, just to recap:

If that is the case and you still get the above behavior then I trust it makes sense for you to file a ticket in Support and so that we take a look under the hood :-)

Cheers,

Theo

0 votes
Tum Ruka November 11, 2012

Hi Theodore

No, it doesn't resolve into a link:

Should we log a support ticket for this?

Cheers

Maree

0 votes
Theodore Tzidamis
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2012

Hey Maree, when you type in the issue (e.g. in the comment) I trust you get the name rendered into [~username] which is normal. But, when you try to preview the issue (clicking on the small box on the bottom left of the text area) don't you get the link to the user's profile?

0 votes
Andreas Haaken October 29, 2012

After Jira Upgrade to 5.1.xx autocomplete works

0 votes
Andreas Haaken October 23, 2012

After Jira Upgrade to 5.1.xx autocomplete works

0 votes
Dennis Mohr May 19, 2012

I'm having the same problem. They aren't working at all (even slowly) after our upgrade to JIRA 5.

I do have Browse User permissions. I just start typing @name or @username and nothing happens. If I complete the username and submit the comment or description, it just shows up as literal text.

0 votes
Viðar Svansson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

Never got this to work. I can't even see a Ajax request to look up the suggestions. Either on production servers or on AMPS.

Suggest an answer