1. I done some Jelly script examples and I fond it was very nice. Now my question is after writing some particular script like "create Issue" how to save this and how to make that script as a service?
2. In services I made some testing like in first screen I selected Jelly Script related class and then I clicked saved in the next screen it is asking me "Input and Output" here I stuck. What should I need to mention like the location of Script file then what would be the file name to save means extension (Create.xxxx)?
3. Here is my Jelly script code
"<jira:CreateIssue project-key="AS" assignee="janardhan.g" summary="Issue summary" reporter="janardhan.g" priority="Major">
In the above if I run twice its giving an error saying that "Duplicate issue" I understood why it is giving but how to solve I tried a lot in various links and resource but I am unable can you please help me.
I saw these below links,
1. I need to keep in a location ex: c\jelly\createissue.txt in Input and output is c:\jelly\log.txt
2. Jelly can create duplicate summary... As I searched in below link they have given as "duplicateSummary='ignore' "
Link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags#JellyTags-inactivate Under Create issue Atrributes
Ex: <jira:CreateIssue project-key="AS" assignee="ABC" summary="Issue summary" reporter="CDX" priority="Major" duplicateSummary='ignore'> </jira:CreateIssue>
The Jelly create function won't let you create an issue with a duplicate summary. You need to vary the summary of each new issue. (I assume you are trying to automate some regular tasks - if that's true, you should be able to use a date function in the script to get a unique date inserted into the summary)
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs