Javascript in custom field description doesn't work in Jira 6

David Garcia August 17, 2014

Hi!

I update to Jira 6 and now the scripts that are in custom field description doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

Regards.

2 answers

0 votes
David Garcia August 17, 2014

Hi.

I think i have not explained properly. The problem is that Jira 6.x doesn't interpret the scripts that are in the customfields descriptions, Jira shows this scripts. In Jira 5 works correctly.

Regards.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2014

Jira's javascript libraries and frameworks change frequently and quite a lot. It's always well worth avoiding the use of javascript whenever you can.

You are going to need to rewrite the scripts to work with the new version. It might be minor tweaks for some, it might be starting again from scratch. I'd strongly recommend re-evaluating every one before you start to see if you could replace it with something that does the job properly, or discard it as not much use in the first place. (Especially security related ones, as Javascript is not able to do security at all)

However, all you've told us so far is "it doesn't work" - we'll need more detail...

Suggest an answer