Jar file not loading at startup

Macca March 20, 2023

We have a java module based on the cas-client-integration-atlassian that extends the existing Jira login module and allows us to manage our own bespoke single sign-on. The .jar file is deployed by being placed in the /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes folder. We have upgraded in our test environment from Jira Software 8.22.6 to Jira Software 9.6.0, but have found that the module appears to be being ignored by the new version of Jira.

Can anyone suggest what may be causing this and how we might be able to get around the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hi @Macca ,

if jar is an app, you should install it via manage add ons menu. If it is not an app, you should place it under  /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/lib folder 

Fabio

Macca March 20, 2023

Thanks Fabio. 
I mentioned the wrong location in my original post. I have it in /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib/. We have been using this folder successfully since 7.6.3 in Jan 2018, just can't get it to work in v9.
Any ideas? I don't have a /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/lib folder.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events