JSD report to the subtraction between number of resolved issues and number of created issues

Swetha Bammidi November 27, 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to create a report for how many issues created and how many issues resolved with in a period of time and the difference between resolved issues and created issues, so that i want the number how many issues still unresolved in a single report.

Is this feasible jira-out-of-the box or any plugin?

Regards,

Swetha

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2019

Hello @Swetha Bammidi

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I believe that the Created vs Resolved Chart gadget can provide you a clear view of the resolved and created issues for a determined period of time in your site. You can follow the steps below to configure it:

1 - In your issue navigator page, create a filter to return the issues you would like to display in the chart. For example, If you want all the issues from a specific project, use: 

project = "yourproject".

2 - Navigate to your dashboard > Click to add Gadget > Select Created vs Resolved Chart gadget

3 - Select the time range it should return the information (Monthly, yearly, etc) and there you go. To return the number of issues created and resolved on a period of time, just hover the mouse in the chart:

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 18.08.20.png

P.S: You can use the JQL filter itself to return the chart on more specific dates if you want.

Let us know if this information helps or you still have any questions.

Swetha Bammidi December 2, 2019

Hi Petter Gonçalves,

Thanks for your response. Please check below created vs resolved chart.

It is showing from 06/Nov to 01/Dec how many issues are created and resolved. Here in the below graph Created 3 and Resolved 7(It tells you that your stock of unresolved Issues has decreased by 7 between 06 Nov and 1/Dec).

But I want a cumulative report it should show e.g Created 5 and resolved 2 in that particular time period.

The chart has the option to select the cumulative as an option but that is also not showing proper report because of the bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-53158

Also please let me know if you know any plugin. 

Capture 2019-12-03 at 11.09.41.png

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hello Swetha,

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry If I got it wrong, but I believe you might have misunderstood the gadget. Please, allow me to explain:

The bug you sent is related only to the Confluence macro for that Chart. Using the Gadget in JIRA Server, the cumulative option works just fine:

Cumulative:

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 11.09.53.png

Count:

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 11.10.17.png

The cumulative option simply keeps the number of issues displaying in the chart during the time period, instead of only display it in the days they where created.

That being said, per your description, I believe you expected the cumulative option to do something different: It should reduce/increase the number of the Trend of Unresolved chart considering the number of created issues. For example, If you resolved 5 issues and created 3, the chart should return:

- 3 issues created

-2  resolved

Have I understood it correctly? 

If that's the option you are looking for, a simple calculation (Resolved - Created) should give you that information, however, I'm not aware of any gadget that provides you with that information right away.

Please, let us know if I have correctly understood your needs.

Swetha Bammidi December 4, 2019

Hi Petter Gonçalves, Now I understand this. Thank you so much.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2019

You are welcome, @Swetha Bammidi

Let us know if you find any other issues regarding this matter.

Suggest an answer