JS Resources not loaded in IE

Hi,

I'm developping plugins for Jira 5. I have the following description:

<web-resource key="autocomplete" name="Activities Autocompleter">
		<dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs</dependency>
		<dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:jquery-ui-other</dependency>

<resource type="download" name="activity-edit-ac.js" location="com/xxx/apps/jira/plugins/xxx/web/js/activity-edit-ac.js" />
		<resource type="download" name="activity-edit.css" location="com/xxx/apps/jira/plugins/xxx/web/css/activity-edit.css"><property key="content-type" value="text/css"/></resource>
		<resource type="download" name="auto_button.gif" location="com/xxx/apps/jira/plugins/xxx/web/img/auto_button.gif" />

<context>jira.create.issue</context>
		<context>jira.view.issue</context>
	</web-resource>

It works perfectly fine with Firefox (3 & 10) and Chrome. But in IE (7 & 9) my resources are not loaded (I can't see my javascripts files in the head section)

What is going on? Anybody have seen this before??

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

Ok, have found this one, seems closely related to my issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28831

0 vote

I don't think they should appear in the <head> section, they should be added to batch.js. You can disable this by adding the element:

<param name="batch" value="false"/>

to your <resource> element. Or in dev you can set system prop jira.dev.mode: true.

What actual script error do you get in IE, if any?

have changed the context to atl.general, still the same problem...

changing the user-agent using Fiddler to something else than IE, my resources get loaded...

Actually, I should have an error saying my call is not a function, and obviously that's right since it's not defined anywhere (neither in batch.js nor any other js resource) (not sure about the exact error message since my developper station has very restrictive security settings, and I can't activate scripting error popups, but using alert almost everywhere I'm sure my function get not called).

Your tip of setting a param batch to false did not help... Exact same behavior...

Why under FF and Chrome the include is made right, and not under ie? it's weird to have a different server behavior depending on the browser, for such a simple thing as adding a script tag in the head section...

Yes, under FF and Chrome I can see a node like that in the head section:

&lt;script type="text/javascript" src="/jira/s/fr_CH-a1hkwu/713/3/1.0-SNAPSHOT/_/download/resources/com.xxx.apps.jira.plugins.xxx:autocomplete/activity-edit-ac.js" &gt;&lt;/script&gt;

And not with IE...

> it's weird to have a different server behavior depending on the browser

I agree, it is weird. So the page source is actually different? You expect some minor differences like diff stylesheets, but not that.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

35 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you