JQL

Kamil Askerov April 16, 2024

Hi. How to write JQL for projects , where issues count more than 1000? I wrote JQL and see only 1000 issues. I whant to migrate information from 1 project to other. I use the deep clone application. But cant migrate more than 1000 issues. I thinking to write JQL for every 1000 issues. And if it resolve the problem - how I can select first 1000 then next 1000 else in JQL? In SQL (Oracle) f e have rowid <=1000.

1 answer

0 votes
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Kamil Askerov 

JQL (and bulk move capabilities) are limited to 1000 results at a time.

If you're moving the issues though - couldn't you...

• Search/move 1000 issues, based on Project Key
  • Then, search for the next 1000 - as the Project Key for the first batch will now be different, and shouldn't reappear in the search results

...?

Ste

@Ste Wright 

"Search/move 1000 issues, based on Project Key

"Then, search for the next 1000 - as the Project Key for the first batch will now be different, and shouldn't reappear in the search results"

I dont know how to do this. I use JQL for migrate. And dont know how to select first 1000 then next 1000 and then next 1000...

Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Kamil Askerov 

You'd need to do in stages - for example...

• Project A has 5000 issues
  • So, I would...
    • Search for issues in Project A - eg. project = "Project A"
    • Bulk move the first 1000 results
    • Re-search for project = "Project A" - there will now be 4000 results
    • Bulk move another 1000 results
    • Continue with this until all 5000 issues are moved (in 5 separate batches)

Ste

@Ste Wright I dont move that issues , i copying them. Therefore my issues always stay at that project. You algorithm is interesting but thinking not work for me.

Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2024

Hi @Kamil Askerov 

In that instance, you need to find a method to split the issues into 1000 issue batches.

This could be as simple as searching using Issue Key - for example...

• Project TEST has 5000 issues
  • 5 separate searches then might be...
    • key >= TEST-1 OR key <= TEST-1000
    • key >= TEST-1001 OR key <= TEST-2000
    • ...etc

Ste

Like Kamil Askerov likes this

@Ste Wright  At that project alredy customers working and I dont know aktualy number of that issues I need to copy. 

@Ste Wright ok. Every 1000 i must found the starting issue. And then for next 1000. Ok. I try that way. Thank you.

@Ste Wright And how start from f e 1015 key new query? > 1015 and order by key. Will be right. Again thank you. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events