JQL using Java SDK

irfan ali December 28, 2016

I have a JQL which I used to pull out all the JIRA tickets which are in a particular status. Now I am trying to do the same thing using Java SDK and I am not able to figure out a way to pass the JQL in the form of JSON and then parse result set JSON. Please let me know if there is any way that I can do this.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2016

I don't know what the SDK has to do with this.

You run some JQL, you get a response which is a list of issues.  If you're in JIRA's UI, you will see that transformed into a report of some sort, whether a list in the issue navigator, a gadget result, a JIRA report, a board, etc etc etc. 

If you mean you're using the REST API, outside JIRA's UI, then see https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials and have a good look at the one about "query issues".

If it's something else, I'm afraid you'll need to give us more of an explanation.

irfan ali December 29, 2016

Hi Nic,

Sorry if I was not clear in my question, my ask is as below.

1. I am trying to convert the JQL in the form of JSON request and run it using REST. 
 2. I am not using the JIRA UI and trying to connect to JIRA REST api using java, this is what I meant Java SDK.

I have found what I am looking for and thanks a lot for your time and sharing the link. Its useful.

Thanks,
Irfan Ali. 

Suggest an answer