JQL to return a list of issues where all sub-tasks within are the issue are all closed or canceled

Fatima Bernardo November 13, 2020

I am a newbie at JQL and ask the community for help to come up with a query that returns a list of issues (in my cases Tasks) where the Tasks have sub-tasks within, but all of these sub-tasks are closed or cancelled (i.e. there's no open tasks that require attention).

Any advise?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

Hi, @Fatima Bernardo !

As I know Jira doesn't have out-of-box JQL-funtion for your case. 

I checked the Atlassian's docs about Advanced searching

But you can get it from apps:

1. Scriptrunner
    Documentation link.
    issuetype = Task and statuscategory not in ("Done") and issueFunction in parentsOf("project = JRA and statuscategory in ("Done")
  2. JQL Search Extentions - 
    Documentation link.
    issuetype = Task and statuscategory not in ("Done") and issue in subTaskStatusCategory("Done")
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hello, Fatima, 

Have you already tried? Do you need any help?

0 votes
final_openshift Certi November 13, 2020

Hi Fatima,

You can achieve this by using   JQL Search Extension plugin , you can use the query issueType="Story" AND subtaskStatus ="Done" please refer to the documents it contains examples and other necessary information related to the usage of plugin

Suggest an answer