JQL to retrieve all jiras linked with tickets in a certain status?

Satoshi Yamada December 3, 2020

Hi,

Is there anyway to retrieve all the JIRAs linked with tickets in a certain status, like 'Escalated'?

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Satoshi Yamada,

Welcome to the Community!

I think more information about what you are looking for might be required here.  But as a starting point.

if you search for:

status = "Escalated" AND linkedIssue in (LinkedIssues("JIRA-1234"))

that will provide you with a list of all issues linked to JIRA-1234 that are in the 'Escalated' status.  I'm not 100% sure if this is what you are looking for, but it should give you a starting point.

-Jimmy 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

adding a bit here...

you can find all issues that are in a given status that are linked to other issues, e.g.

issueLinkType is not empty and status = Escalated

you cannot (OOTB) find all issues that have links where the status of the linked issues is Escalated. You can do this w/ apps like Scriptrunner, Power scripts, etc.

for example this isn't possible - issueLinkType is not empty and LinkedIssuestatus = Escalated

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Satoshi Yamada December 4, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon @Jack Brickey 
Thanks for your comments.

you cannot (OOTB) find all issues that have links where the status of the linked issues is Escalated. 

This is actually what I want to do. I'll look into Scriptrunner and Power scripts.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events