JQL to query for a linked object with certain attributes?

John S. December 7, 2017

Greetings,

I'd like to do a JQL query to do the following, but can't see anything that stands out as meeting this need in the documentation.   Does such a thing exist - either in the native JQL or a plug-in?

I want to, for instance, build a list (via filter) of all Tests that apply to a given release; where the release value isn't an attribute in the Test object itself, but instead is an attribute of the linked New Feature object.  I want to do this because the Test object exists in a separate database (project) than the New Feature object.   The idea is to base the list of "tests that apply to a given release" not on the version of the Test objects, but on the version of the New Feature objects that are linked to them (via the "tests" link type).

So then for instance, say I have the following objects (Issues) in project ABC and XYZ (where XYZ is the project used for tracking testing):

ABC-33 is a New Feature, with Fix Version 1.0

ABC-34 is a New Feature, with Fix Version 2.0

XYZ-55 is a Test, linked by ABC-33

XYZ-56 is a Test, linked by ABC-34

I want a JQL command for a filter, to show all the XYZ-nn objects which are linked to ABC-nn objects which have a Fix Version of 1.0.   (In this case XYZ-55 would show up in the filter results, but XYZ-56 would not).

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hello,

You can not do it with the out of the box JQL. But you could do it if you had Adaptivist Scriptrunner installed. You could use linkedIssuesOf. You can read more

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_linkedissuesof

Suggest an answer