JQL to locate issues that have a specific assignee

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

For an rapid board, I need to create a filter to bring in the parent issues for subtasks that has a specific assignee. I initially made it to locate any issue with a specific assignee, but these are all subtasks. Consequently, in the board, even when ranking is enabled, I cannot rank subtasks relative to one another to indicate one project is a priority over another. It seems it is because the parent issue is not on the board. Thus, I'm trying to bring the parent issue and the subtask in so that I can rank them based on priority.

We would greatly appreciate any ideas as the board isn't usable for us since we cannot convey priorities and manage WIP. If they are not prioritized, you cannot use a kanban to pull from the top because the top is not the highest priority.

Pleaes help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

You could use JQL function from script runner plugin.

issueFunction in parentsOf("assignee = currentUser()")

this will give you all parents of all subtask assigned to current user

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2013

Thanks- exactly what I needed!

Suggest an answer