JQL to identify the same values in a numbers field (without searching for a specific value)

Adrienne McCoy December 14, 2021

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to utilize JQL to identify the same values in a custom field within the same project? It would be a text field with numbers as values, therefore I cannot search for specific values directly because I have thousands of numbers. I am looking for duplicates within the same project.

To provide an example, in project XYZ, I want to run a JQL where ANY values match in customfield1.

Value 1234 is in customfield1 on ticket XYZ-1.

Value 1234 is also in customfield1 on ticket XYZ-2 and XYZ-3.

I want to return all 3 tickets in my JQL, as well as any other tickets where the values are matching/duplicated.

If it helps, I have ScriptRunner if that needs to be the solution.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

You can certainly find all issues where a custom field has a certain “known” value…

project = XYZ and customfield = 1234

But I expect your goal may be more complex than this? Maybe you are looking to find all issues where a custom field value occurs more than once in a project? You could sort by the custom field allowing observation of duos. Otherwise, if this isn’t a frequent action the exporting to excel would be an option.

Adrienne McCoy December 16, 2021

Thanks Jack! Yes, I'm looking to find all issues where a custom field value occurs more than once.

Excel is likely what I will end up utilizing.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer