Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL to identify the same values in a numbers field (without searching for a specific value)

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to utilize JQL to identify the same values in a custom field within the same project? It would be a text field with numbers as values, therefore I cannot search for specific values directly because I have thousands of numbers. I am looking for duplicates within the same project.

To provide an example, in project XYZ, I want to run a JQL where ANY values match in customfield1.

Value 1234 is in customfield1 on ticket XYZ-1.

Value 1234 is also in customfield1 on ticket XYZ-2 and XYZ-3.

I want to return all 3 tickets in my JQL, as well as any other tickets where the values are matching/duplicated.

If it helps, I have ScriptRunner if that needs to be the solution.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 14, 2021

You can certainly find all issues where a custom field has a certain “known” value…

project = XYZ and customfield = 1234

But I expect your goal may be more complex than this? Maybe you are looking to find all issues where a custom field value occurs more than once in a project? You could sort by the custom field allowing observation of duos. Otherwise, if this isn’t a frequent action the exporting to excel would be an option.

Thanks Jack! Yes, I'm looking to find all issues where a custom field value occurs more than once.

Excel is likely what I will end up utilizing.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you