JQL to get tasks issueType linked to another specific issue type

Mahdi Challouf October 31, 2019

I'm trying to make a dashboard showing all tasks issue type that are linked to a test plan issue type.

Is there a way to write a filter doing this ?

thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 1, 2019

Hello,

You can find handy information about XRAY queries in their Enhanced querying with JQL page

See:

ksnip_20191101-105322.png

Regards

Mahdi Challouf November 2, 2019

Hey Jack, 

this is a static way here you must add the issue key :(  .

I want it to be a generic dashboard that contains all the issue type "Task" that are linked to a test plan issue type in order to show the test execution status so in the JQL filter I didn't find a way to list all the issue type tasks that are linked with another issue type test plan, did you get the idea ?  

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 3, 2019

Are you using standard issue linking feature to link Tasks and Test Plans? If so you can use a third-party app to dynamically retrieve all linked issues of a given subquery.

ie. Using JQL Booster Pack (FREE), you can retrieve all Task linked to any Test Plan, see:

type = Task AND issue IN linkedIssuesOf('type = "Test Plan"')

Hope this helps,

Regards

Mahdi Challouf November 4, 2019

@Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ 

Thanks for your help, it works :)

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2019

Are you using a specific link type for linking defects?  If so, you could query using "issueLinkType = ".   E.g. issueLinkType = "has defect"

Mahdi Challouf November 2, 2019

Hey Pete, 

No, I'm not using any specific link type, users can use any type he wants

The dashboard must be like this  

example 1.png

Suggest an answer