JQL to find the issues that have code commits

Hello,

Is there a way to have a JIRA query (JQL) to find the list of issues that has code commit associated with it ? 

Please advise. 

Thanks !

3 answers

2 votes
Chris Fuller Atlassian Team Sep 28, 2015

I believe you can do this with JQL.  Try adding "issue.property[development].commits is not empty" to your query.

Thanks for your immediate help. Query does not yield any results. I am trying the following in JQL. Is there anything wrong ? project = "Advanced Planning" and issue.property[development].commits is not empty No issues were found to match your search Try modifying your search criteria or creating a new issue

Chris Fuller Atlassian Team Sep 29, 2015

It would rely on on you having set up the integration between JIRA and your source control system. The information for that JQL comes from the same source that makes the number of commits and branches show up in the developer status area. See these two links: * https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/integrating-jira-with-code-development-tools-395707042.html#IntegratingJIRAwithCodeDevelopmentTools-Developmentpanelonissues * https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/streamlining-your-development-with-jira-443548553.html

Chris Fuller Atlassian Team Sep 29, 2015

However, it's also worth noting that this information is updated rather lazily, as well. See this answer for a bit more about this: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/20644626/answers/21631644

There is already a integration setup between our STASH and JIRA instance.

Works for me when I use equals, greater or less combination. However, it did not work with is or is not empty. 

It should be 

issue.property[development].commits > 0

It does not work for me. It says, No issues were found to match your search

I think the trouble you're having might be the > displayed here; probably different browsers render this page differently.

For Jira, that should be changed to the 'greater than' symbol, like this:

not working for me. Are there any special settings to get it worked?

@Tobias Schönit's jql worked for me. Thanks!

Perfect!   Thanks this works wonders!

Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Oct 24, 2016

Thank you for your jql request!

2 votes
Aida Real I'm New Here Oct 10, 2017

This works for me: development[commits].all > 0

Jeremy I'm New Here Oct 20, 2017

This worked for me. None of the others did. Thanks, Aida!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,006 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot