JQL to find issues that were changed (i.e. status, resolution) by anyone but not by the current user

Tom De Cock February 27, 2019

I've gotten as far as this ...

project in (AB, DEF, GHI) AND resolution changed TO ("Won't Fix", Duplicate, "Cannot Reproduce", "Not A Bug", "Won't Do") AFTER startOfDay(-1) BY currentUser()

But, I want the issues that were changed by anyone except the issues changed by myself.

I've tried to implement a 'not' but it doesn't seem to work.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

Hello,

Try to add the NOT keyword before the resolution keyword:

project in (AB, DEF, GHI) AND NOT resolution changed TO ("Won't Fix", Duplicate, "Cannot Reproduce", "Not A Bug", "Won't Do") AFTER startOfDay(-1) BY currentUser()

Hi @Alexey Matveev 

This returns issues which didn't have a change in resolution to the given resolutions.

Thanks, but not what I'm looking for.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

You can add another condition:

project in (AB, DEF, GHI) AND NOT resolution changed TO ("Won't Fix", Duplicate, "Cannot Reproduce", "Not A Bug", "Won't Do") AFTER startOfDay(-1) BY currentUser() and resolution changed TO ("Won't Fix", Duplicate, "Cannot Reproduce", "Not A Bug", "Won't Do") AFTER startOfDay(-1)

That did the trick, @Alexey Matveev .

0 votes
Bob Davis June 1, 2022

AND NOT status changed BY currentUser()

0 votes
Tony Jannotta December 1, 2019

Ever get an answer on this?

0 votes
Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2019

Hi @Tom De Cock ,

I don't think that query will generate much in Jira as it is not really a JQL Query.

You can alter it to soemthing like this:

project in (AB,DEF,GHI) AND resolution in("Won't Fix", Duplicate, "Cannot Reproduce", "Not A Bug", "Won't Do") AND resolved>=-24h AND Assignee !=currentUser()

that query searches for issues in project (AB, BEF, GHI) witht he resolutions above, that transitioned into that resolution in the last 24 hours and were not transisioned by the user searching. This assumes however, that the assginee is the one closing an issue.

Hope this helps in what you're after.

Cheers

Merle

As for how to JQL this page from the documentation could be helpful: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0713/advanced-searching-965542847.html

Also this blogpost could be a good read: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/blog/2015/07/search-jira-like-a-boss-with-jql

Hi @Merle Fischer 

The query I posted works in Jira. I'm looking to change it further so that I only see issues where I'm not the person who made the resolution change.

Your proposal with assignee != currentuser(() isn't what I'm looking for.

Thanks though.

Like Merle Fischer likes this
Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2019

Hi @Tom De Cock  sorry morning brain :P

Suggest an answer