JQL to find issues that changed from one status to another in the last 7 days

fmarkman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 1, 2021

Hello.

I'm looking to create a JQL to find all issues in a project that changed from one status to another during the last week (without defining specific dates).

I came up with this

project = "ABC" AND type = "CDE" AND status changed from (deployed) to (closed) during (startOfWeek(-1),endOfWeek(-1)) ORDER BY updated ASC

but for some reason it shows me issues that changed status even today.

Any ideas on why would this be happening?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

3 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

Hi @fmarkman  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please try to add quotation marks around your modifiers and units of measure in the relative date functions:

project = "ABC"
AND issueType = "CDE"
AND status CHANGED FROM "deployed" to "closed"
DURING (startOfWeek("-1w"), endOfWeek("-1w"))
ORDER BY updated ASC

Please look here for more information about advanced JQL:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/

If that does not work, pause and build your query up piece by piece, starting with just the project and issueType clauses.  That may reveal where issues stop appearing and indicate the problem.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi @fmarkman  try like this :-

status changed FROM "Open" TO "In Progress" ON "2021/05/24 00:00"

status changed FROM "Open" TO "In Progress" DURING ("2021/05/20","2021/05/28")
fmarkman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 1, 2021

Thanks for your suggestion.

As I'm looking to have a report that shows me the status changes during the last week, and this is something that needs to be measured week over week without the need to inserting the dates or to modify it every week, I'm trying to use startOfWeek and endOfWeek

Suggest an answer