JQL to find bugs set to Ready for QA within a specified date and time range

Karen Bayly September 16, 2019

The Product Owner wants to able to identify which Jiras were set to Ready for QA on a date in the past. this has come about because we discovered something unexpected had broken. It was discovered a few days later and she wants a  filter that allows us to find any Jira set to DONE/READY for QA on a particular day before the deployment time of 11pm.

I can find DONE for any date using:

project = projectname AND issuetype = Bug AND status in (Done, "Ready for QA") AND updated >= Date1 AND updated <= Date2 order by created DESC

It’s not picking up “Ready for QA” - I assume this is because the last Updated Date is the one which is when the tester set it to Done. However, I would have thought that anything being set by the Devs as Ready for QA would get picked up.

I suspect there is no way to find bugs set to Ready for QA within a specified date AND time range but thought I'd ask.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

Hi @Karen Bayly

This is possible using history searches, which work for a small number of fields including status. In your instance, something like this should work:

status was "Ready for QA" DURING ("2019-09-15 00:00","2019-09-17 23:00") and project = ABC and issuetype = Bug

^ There are other things you can do - such as looking for issues changed into or out of "Ready for QA" in a time range - you can see more details on this article.

For Done - consider using resolved date rather than updated date. Unless you have restricted editing via status properties, you can still update an issue once its closed.

Ste

Karen Bayly September 16, 2019

Thanks. That worked a treat.

Suggest an answer