JQL to filter issues where custom field has multiple values

ValdasVa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2019

Is it possible to filter out issues that have more than one value selected in a Select List custom field?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Hello!

I don't believe it is possible with Jira's basic functionality. It may be possible with the help of special add-ons like ScriptRunner.

2 votes
Tom Cheung February 5, 2019

Alternatively, you could export to CSV and then apply a filter to remove any rows with blanks in the first two label columns (assuming you have more than one JIRA with two labels, or you will not have two label columns)

Marquita Pruitt February 24, 2023

this exporting tip was very useful - thank you!  I'm not using the labels field, but a custom multi-select field.  it still worked though! 

I exported the issues as a csv, added a filter to the header (selecting the funnel icon in the excel ribbon menu).  The custom field had three columns because all tickets only had 0-3 values in that field on any one issues.  If someone had selected 4 values in that field on any ticket, the excel would have broken it out to a fourth column.

So, then i went to the filter drop-down on the SECOND column for the custom field and unchecked BLANKS at the bottom to hide the issues with a BLANK second selection.  That then showed me all the issues a value in column 1 and 2 (multiple selections in that field.  I didnt need to filter on the 3rd column because it showed me there was only one issue with 3 values in it.

Suggest an answer