JQL to fetch if an issue was completed/closed between the Version, start & Release date?

Kartik Gupta October 18, 2018

I have a structure of multiple Versions with different start and end dates, I want to find if the issue that was committed to a Version get completed between the start and end date of the version or not.

eg. Version 1 ; Start date: 5 Dec 2018 / Release date: 18 Dec 2018

Issue completion date: 15 Dec 2018 (GREEN) and 20 Dec 2018 (RED)

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2018

Hi Kartik

I don't see a way to dynamically get release date by JQL out of box, perhaps some plugins support. However, JQL does allow you to look for issues closed within a specific period, for example

project = yourProjectName and fixVersion = yourVersion and resolved <= "2018/12/18"

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2018

I've been looking at writing  function for a  similar issue.

How would you expect to see the data if an issue affected/fixed, multiple versions.

Kartik Gupta October 19, 2018

For us, we currently have a 1:1 relationship between issues and versions.

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2018

Ok. But JIRA allows multiple versions and not all may have dates set. So any function would have to account for that. Maybe something like minStart or maxRelease dates.

Does it matter if it was fixed before startDate?

Do you have scriptrunner installed?

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2018

OK. But JIRA allows multiple versions tobecset and dates may not be set so any function will need to account for that. How about minStartDate or maxReleaseDate?

does it matter if the fix is before start date? Could it just check after release date?

Do you have scriptrunner?

also this might be relevant

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Populate-custom-date-field-with-release-date-of-the-version/qaq-p/871885

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2018

Suggest an answer