• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL to determine what issues have been added after sprint start Edited

If the Jira Cloud Sprint report can render an * for what items have been added after sprint start, how can I write JQL to do the same thing? From all indications of older posts that, it is not possible, However in 2018 it is crazy that we can't pull this same data out of Jira without spending more money on a plugin if the UI can access this data.

4 answers

Vote for JSWSERVER-20097 to have this built into JIRA Server, or JSWCLOUD-16523 for JIRA Cloud, by default.

We use JIRA 7.12 server version.

We could not find this information, without purchasing a JIRA add-on (Adaptavist Scriptrunner)

Once we had licensed it, the following JQL finds this information:

project = <Project Name> AND issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart("<Sprint Board Name>") 

Add-on documentation available here.

one problem with this solution (i'm trying to work on the same problem in the last week or so) - the function of addedAfterSprintStart is working on on hosted jira, not on cloud jira.

@Eli Moshe

Same. We tried using scriptrunner but it doesn't have that feature in the cloud either. It really annoys the hell out of me because the data is available in Jira Cloud, based ont he * used in the sprint report indicating what had been added to the sprint, Altassian is just handicapping their cloud product so you'll buy the cloud hosted/on-prem version. Just a dumb, dumb business practice on their part, and making me have to evaluate what other options are out there since they don't want to give the cloud version parity to hosted/on-prem @Atlassian

Agreed this is ridiculous this doesn't come out of hte box, but THANK YOU to whoever posted the JQL and tip on JIRA add-on (Adaptavist Scriptrunner). Miracle of miracles my org actually has that add-on and that JQL syntax worked perfectly!!!  I just wish i could have it come up in a Y/N as an actual field, but at least with the results i can compare them against the rest of the items in the sprint to figure out the planned/unplanned work ratio. 

Count me in also for this functionality!

0 votes
Deleted user Feb 11, 2020

To follow a sprint update / changes is important so implement this feature as standard functionality

0 votes
Deleted user Feb 11, 2020

you support many teams and later you want to follow up on changes, then it should be easy to see what has been lifted into the respective teams sprint after it was started

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you