JQL that will filter for a list of active projects with specified group members assigned

Deleted user September 26, 2019

I am looking for JQL that will provide me with a list of unique projects (no duplicates) where:

• There are active sprints (because I don't want to see inactive projects)
  • The assignees in those projects are members of defined groups (because I only want to see projects where my teams are working)
  • where the saved filter can be used in a Dashboard with the Filter Results widget

I have this JQL written up:

(assignee in membersOf(IO) OR assignee in membersOf(GISA) OR assignee in membersOf(CC)) AND issuetype = Story AND Status in ("In Progress", "To Do") AND cf[10020] in openSprints() ORDER BY project

This gives me a list of all stories that are in active sprints for 3 teams - IO, GISA, CC.

When I use this filter in the Filter Results widget in a Dashboard, I get a repeated project label for every active story, even if I only specify the Project field.

I then tried this JQL as a filter:

(assignee in membersOf(IO) OR assignee in membersOf(GISA) OR assignee in membersOf(CC) ) AND issuetype = project

... but that yielded no results.  Plus I am unsure how to only filter these projects for ones that contain active stories (In Prog/ToDo).

Any input?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

The "filter results" gadget shows a list of issues based on a filter - not projects. So changing the JQL won't resolve that.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your JQL - the second version would only work if there was an issue type of "Project" - I assume you're talking of actual Jira projects rather than a custom issue type you've created?

You'll need to look for an alternative to list the projects - such as:

• Projects: This lists a set of projects and their basic information. This is based on selecting projects rather than a filter so you'd need to search for those relevant and select them. 
  • Two Dimensional Filter: You could list the Projects on the Y-Axis using this gadget - and have another piece of information on the X.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events