JQL 'summary ~ "AM" ' does not produce any results

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

Hello,

under Jira 7.13.1 im trouble getting results for this search query.

Is it possible that there is a restriction to the character length you must provide for the ~ operator?

Other summaries such as "AB" dont work either.

So far i have tried the following

• make sure there is an issue with "AM" in the summary (and nothing else)
  • reindex the project
  • i have privileges to access the issue and can see the issue view just fine with the same user i am using to run the jql query
  • checked if "AM" is a reserved word

kind regards

Jens

2 answers

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

You can append an asterisk (*) wildcard to the middle or end of a search string (but not the beginning).

i.e. summary ~ "AM*"

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2019

~ only works with full words. For me is working with two letters words, but no with one letter words

summary.png

Edit: If i search very common spanish words ("de", "en", "el" ...) i get no issues.  

Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

Lucene, the index/search library that Jira utilizes, doesn't index certain commonly-used words. In English, for example, the word "the" is not indexed.

Suggest an answer