JQL query to find issues of epics

I need a JQL statement that will find all issues linked to epics that have reached a particular state in their workflow. We do a fair amount of work in getting our epics set up before placing them into work in process and need to filter out the noise of epics in the early stages of their life cylce.

7 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Mar 23, 2014

"Epic Link" is not EMPTY and Status = " XYZ"

Thanks Tarun, but I see I should have been more careful with my wording. Not the status of the issue but the status of epic it is linked to. I don't know if this is possible but it would be more like.

"Epic Link" in (All Epics with status = "R&D Backlog")

Is there a syntax for the stuff in parenthesis?

Maarten Cautreels Community Champion Mar 24, 2014

Hi Jay,

I'm afraid this isn't possible in OnDemand. For the download version there's a plugin called Script Runner. And do stuff like:

issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = XXX AND issuetype = Task AND status = Closed")

But I'm afraid that isn't possible on the OnDemand version (yet).

Best,

Maarten

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Mar 24, 2014

Hi Maarten,

Your answer will give subtasks but the question is about linkedIssues not subtasks.

Done -

issueFunction in hasLinkType("Epic-Story Link") and issuetype = Epic and status = "R&D Backlog"

Too bad you can't use the best JIRA plugin - script runner just becasue your using ondemand!

Done -

issueFunction in hasLinkType("Epic-Story Link") and issuetype = Epic and status = "R&D Backlog"

Too bad you can't use the best JIRA plugin - script runner just becasue your using ondemand!

I am trying to do something similar but I getting the following error. 

image2015-3-17 13:23:25.png

I tried other link types (blocks, cloners, etc) and they would fine.  Has anyone else seen this?

This is the JQL which I tried :

"Epic Link" = Epic ticket(ABC-12, which is Epic).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

576 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you